Rose Gold Rebel is looking for the next team member to join our close-knit tribe. Started on Etsy in 2016, our company has been named a top 100 Etsy shop worldwide, and we opened a brick-and-mortar print boutique in Plaza Midwood in 2018. Then, in 2022 we moved to our current space – a 7,000sf office/warehouse in South End. Our company designs, prints, decorates, and embroiders personalized apparel and gifts for every occasion. We are continuing to grow, and our work environment is fast-paced and never boring! Be prepared to dive in head-first from day one with our hard-working team.
For this position, we are looking for someone to set-up, cut, and weed the vinyl designs that will then be pressed onto shirts and other items that we sell. They will also match up and press the items as well as decorate or print onto other mediums such as mugs, mousepads, and chenille patch bags. Print production is an integral role in the production process, and success will be measured by the quantity of vinyl and finished products the operator can produce each day as well as the accuracy of the orders produced. This is a job that requires a high attention to detail as each item is made to order and our customers expect everything to be perfect for their special occasions and gifting needs. You will also need to work quickly and efficiently, as we can get between 50-100 print orders every day and have a turn time of 4-7 business days for production.
Your day to day:
• Create a cut-list from the order sheets
• Organize vinyl designs onto the cutting program
• Operate the vinyl cutter efficiently to cut the designs and trouble-shoot/maintain the machine when necessary
• Manage the cutting flow of different vinyl colors and custom vs. non-custom to stay ahead of production
• Switch seamlessly between vinyl rolls when re-loading/aligning the rolls on the cutter
• Cut the individual designs off the roll and weed them, keeping the vinyl cutters running as much as possible to maximize efficiency and reduce down-time
• Pin designs onto the corkboard in an organized manner, grouping designs by order/ship date and custom vs. non-custom.
• Pull order items from backstock and order shelves
• Match designs with items
• Visually line the design up on the item
• Press the item
• Check off items on the order as they are produced
• Stack orders neatly so they are ready for folding/packaging
• Printing sublimation mugs and mousepads
• Pulling and assembling chenille patch bags
• When needed, the operator will assist with folding, packaging, labeling, etc. as directed by Warehouse Manager
• Pay is $12-15/hr based on experience and part-time (15-30hrs/week) and full-time (40hrs/week) are available.
• Level 1 would be little to no experience ($12/hr), Level 2 would be intermediate experience with vinyl and/or printing ($13-14/hr), and Level 3 would be proficient at both vinyl and printing ($15/hr)
• Benefits will include unpaid holidays and additional paid and unpaid time off depending on the Production Level
• High schoolers up to empty nesters welcome
• Be able to work at least 15 hours per week between the hours of 8:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Workdays and times will depend on the team’s order workload, and more hours may be available during holiday/peak order seasons.
• Able to operate high-temperature machinery while standing for the majority of working hours
• Needs to be able to quickly and accurately center a design onto the items to be pressed
• Work is conducted in a team atmosphere, so this person must be able to communicate effectively with their peers regarding orders and other work-related items
• A clean legal record and be willing to undergo a background check prior to employment
• No experience with vinyl cutters & software, shirt presses, mug presses, etc. is required but would be a plus
You’re good at and enjoy:
• Working with technical equipment
• Being thorough and detail-oriented when completing tasks
• Working quickly and efficiently to meet daily production goals
• Communicating and engaging in a close-knit, team-oriented environment
• Staying organized and keeping a clean working environment
• Problem-solving and Multi-tasking
It’s extra awesome if you:
• Listen to 90’s and 2000s pop/rap
• Enjoy sipping Rose and craft beers
• Love neon signs, everything blush and palm leaf print
• Have a chill, can-do vibe
• Capable of physical movements requiring the use of legs, wrists, hands and/or fingers including kneeling and bending
• Repetitive arm and wrist use. Frequent and repetitive movements
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
• Ability to be on the feet standing/walking up to 8 hours per day
• Comfortable working around hot and sharp tools and machinery
This posting is for someone looking for ASAP employment working in-person at our South-End office/warehouse space.
Please send all resumes + cover letters to email@example.com and in the subject line write: Print Production – RGR – “your favorite 90’s-00’s song name”